How do you use however in a sentence?
“However” can be used to join two simple sentences to make a compound sentence, adding a comment which contrasts with what has just been said. Use a semi-colon (;) before and a comma (,) after however when you are using it to write a compound sentence.
You can also use it at the beginning of your sentence. let’s see a few examples with “however” in a sentence.
Using “however” in a sentence examples
- I like that shirt; however, it only comes in one colour.
- Rahul couldn’t bribe the police. However, he tried.
- However you like me to, I’ll do the opposite.
- However you look at it, it’s still a mess.
- The temperature is 34 degrees Celsius during the day. However, it falls to 16 degrees at night.
- I can’t make it to the party. My wife, however, will be attending.
- Camping in the summer is fun. You must, however, remember to use sunscreen.
- I have two fish. However, my roommate prefers hamsters.
- Decorate it however you like.
- However you look at it, the situation is unfair.
- I got to the railway station one hour early; However, my train was delayed.
- Edwin invited me to his party; however, I already made other plans.
- Our school only has a badminton court. However, most of the students like basketball.
- However, we must get to work.
- We invited 100 customers to the presentation. However, only about 50 came.
- The movie got good reviews; however, it was very long.