Occupation is a term that refers to the type of work or profession that a person is engaged in for their livelihood. Occupation meaning in Hindi is “व्यवसाय” (Vyavasaay) commonly used to describe this concept.
Vyavasaay encompasses a broad range of professions, trades, and businesses. It includes everything from agriculture and manufacturing to service industries such as finance, healthcare, and hospitality. In essence, any activity that is pursued as a means of earning a livelihood can be considered a vyavasaay.
For example, a doctor’s occupation is to provide medical care to patients, while a farmer’s occupation is to cultivate crops and raise livestock. Similarly, a businessperson’s occupation is to run a company, while a teacher’s occupation is to educate students. Here are some examples
- My occupation is a software engineer. (मेरा व्यवसाय सॉफ्टवेयर इंजीनियर है।)
- She has chosen teaching as her occupation. (उन्होंने अपना व्यवसाय शिक्षण के रूप में चुना है।)
- His occupation is in the healthcare industry. (उनका व्यवसाय हेल्थकेयर इंडस्ट्री में है।)
- She is looking for a new occupation after quitting her previous job. (वह अपनी पिछली नौकरी छोड़ने के बाद एक नया व्यवसाय ढूंढ रही है।)
- His father’s occupation is farming. (उसके पिता का व्यवसाय कृषि है।)
Occupation in Hindi
There are several different names for occupation meaning in Hindi, depending on the context and the specific term used:
- व्यवसाय (Vyavasaay) – This is the most commonly used term for occupation in Hindi, and it refers to any profession or business that one engages in for a living.
- पेशा (Peshaa) – This term specifically refers to a profession or trade that requires specialized skills or training.
- रोजगार (Rojgaar) – This term refers to employment or a job, and is often used in the context of seeking or providing work.
- नौकरी (Naukri) – This term refers specifically to a job or employment, and is often used in the context of seeking or applying for work.
- उद्योग (Udyog) – This term refers to an industry or enterprise, and is often used in the context of business or commerce.
here are some examples of each term used in a sentence:
- व्यवसाय (Vyavasaay) – My father’s occupation is in the business field. (मेरे पिता का व्यवसाय व्यापार फील्ड में है।)
- पेशा (Peshaa) – She pursued a career in law as her profession. (उन्होंने अपना पेशा के रूप में कानून में करियर की शुरुआत की।)
- रोजगार (Rojgaar) – He is seeking employment in the IT sector. (वह आईटी सेक्टर में रोजगार की तलाश कर रहा है।)
- नौकरी (Naukri) – She recently got a job in a multinational company. (उसने हाल ही में एक बहुराष्ट्रीय कंपनी में नौकरी पाई है।)
- उद्योग (Udyog) – The automobile industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in India. (ऑटोमोबाइल उद्योग भारत में सबसे तेजी से विकसित होने वाले उद्योगों में से एक है।)