Have you ever come across the word “legend” in English and wondered Legend meaning in Hindi? The word “legend” has multiple meanings depending on the context, and it can be translated to different words in Hindi, depending on the context. In this blog post, we will explore the meaning of the word “legend” in Hindi with examples.
Legend meaning in Hindi
Firstly, let’s look at the primary meaning of the word “legend.” In English, the term can refer to a traditional story or narrative that has been passed down from generation to generation. In Hindi, this can be translated to किस्सा (kissa) or लोककथा (lok katha). For example, the legend of Mahabharata is a famous story in Hindu mythology that has been passed down for generations.
Secondly, the term “legend” can also refer to someone who is highly respected or admired for their exceptional skills or achievements. In Hindi, this can be translated to महान (mahaan), महापुरुष (maha purush), or उत्कृष्ट (utkrishṭ). For example, Sachin Tendulkar is a cricketing legend in India, who is highly respected and admired for his exceptional cricketing skills.
Examples of legend in Hindi
here are some examples of how the word “legend” can be translated into Hindi depending on the context:
- Traditional story or narrative – किस्सा (kissa) or लोककथा (lok katha)
- The legend of King Arthur – किस्सा राजा आर्थर का
- The legend of Aladdin and the magic lamp – जादू का चिराग और अलादीन का किस्सा
- Highly respected or admired person – महान (mahaan), महापुरुष (maha purush), or उत्कृष्ट (utkrishṭ)
- Sachin Tendulkar is a cricketing legend – सचिन तेंदुलकर क्रिकेट के महापुरुष हैं
- Ratan Tata is a legendary businessman – रतन टाटा एक उत्कृष्ट व्यवसायी हैं