From is a preposition in English that is used to indicate the source or starting point of something. It can also be used to express the time, place or manner in which an action takes place. Learn more about from meaning in Hindi here.
“From” can be translated to Hindi as “से” (se), which is a preposition used to indicate the source or starting point of something, the time or duration of an action, or the manner in which something is done. It is a versatile word that is frequently used in both languages.
From meaning in Hindi
Indicating the source of something
When we want to mention the source or starting point of something, we can use “from” in English or “से” (se) in Hindi. For example:
- I bought this book from a bookstore. (मैंने यह किताब किताब दुकान से खरीदी।)
- The train departs from platform number 2. (ट्रेन प्लेटफ़ॉर्म नंबर २ से रवाना होती है।)
Expressing time or duration
We can also use “from” to indicate the starting time or duration of an action or event. In Hindi, we can use “से” (se) or “तक” (tak) for this purpose. For example:
- I will be working from 9 AM to 5 PM. (मैं 9 बजे से लेकर 5 बजे तक काम करूंगा।)
- The concert will be held from 7 PM onwards. (कॉन्सर्ट 7 बजे से शुरू होगा।)
Indicating the manner in which something is done (From meaning in Hindi)
“From” can also be used to express the manner or method in which an action takes place. In Hindi, we can use “से” (se) or “के रूप में” (ke roop mein) for this purpose. For example:
- He learned to speak Hindi from his teacher. (उसने अपने शिक्षक से हिंदी बोलना सीखा।)
- She sings songs from her heart. (वह अपने दिल से गाने गाती है।)
Overall, “from” is a versatile preposition that can be used to indicate the source, time or manner of an action or event. By understanding its usage in Hindi, you can communicate more effectively and accurately in the language.