let’s see 50 common sentences with the verb “Take”.
Example Sentences with Take
Meaning: to treat something or someone with care
1. Take care of your health.
2. Thank you for taking care of the kids.
Meaning: used when saying goodbye
3. Bye! Take care!
Meaning: to happen
4. When will the meeting take place?
5. It will take place next week.
Take it easy
Meaning: relax or stay calm
6. Why are you so angry? Take it easy.
7. You’re working too hard. Take it easy.
Take your time
Meaning: There’s no need to hurry
8. Employee: “Is it OK if send you the report by Tuesday?” Boss: “No problem. Take your time.”
9. A: “Can you wait five minutes? I’m on the phone.” B: “Sure. Take your time.”
Sentences with Take off
Meaning 1: to remove an item of clothing
10. You can take off your shoes and leave them here.
Meaning 2: (said of planes) to begin flying
11. What time will the plane take off?
Sentences with Take out
Meaning 1: take someone to a restaurant/movie etc.
12. I’m taking my family out for lunch today.
Meaning 2: a meal brought home from a restaurant (spelled takeout)
13. I’m too tired to cook. Let’s just order a takeout.
Sentences with Take part
Meaning: to participate in something
14. Are you taking part in the contest?
15. I don’t like to take part in arguments.
Meaning: take action
16. We must take steps to prevent this from happening again.
17. The government needs to take measures to reduce poverty.
18. Before riding a motorbike, you should take precautions to protect yourself.
Meaning: to accept duty or blame
19. Successful people take responsibility for their own lives.
20. I take responsibility for this mistake. It was my fault.
Take + time expression
21. How long does it take to boil an egg?
22. It takes about 10 minutes.
23. Don’t worry. It won’t take long.
24. How much longer do I need to wait? This is taking forever! (=this is taking a long time)
Meaning: treat something or someone as important
25. You should take your studies more seriously.
26. He’s just being funny. Don’t take him too seriously.
27. I heard you’re taking yoga lessons. Good for you!
28. I’m taking a course in computer programming.
Take in other meanings
29. Do you take credit cards? (=Do you accept…)
30. How much sugar do you take in your tea? (How much sugar do you have…)
31. I take your point but I’m not fully convinced. (=I understand your point…)
Expressions Sentences with Take a…
32. Take a look at this.
33. Let’s take a break here. Please be back in 5 minutes.
34. Take a deep breath and relax.
35. I’m going to take a walk through the garden.
36. I’ve been thinking about taking a vacation.
37. We’re going to take a trip to Germany next month.
38. A: “How are you getting back home?” B: “I’m going to take a cab.”
39. Which bus can I take to get to the museum?
40. You can take a train from Paris to London.
41. I’m taking a plane to Atlanta tomorrow.
42. Let’s take a picture together.
43. This burger is great! Here, take a bite. (=eat a little bit)
44. I’m going to take a shower.
45. Why don’t you take a short nap?
46. Please, come on in and take a seat. (=sit down)
47. You’re taking a big risk by quitting your job.
48. We need to be careful. We can’t take any chances.
49. Jane isn’t in her office right now. Can I take a message for her?
50. If you’re not sure of the answer, just take a guess.
50 Common Sentences with “Go”: http://turnupindia.com/50-common-sentences-with-go/