Improve your English fluency with these 50 common sentences with the verb “Go”.
Example Sentences with Go
1. It’s late. I need to go home.
2. You should go home and get some sleep.
3. It’s starting to rain. Let’s go back inside.
4. We’ll be going back to Chicago next Friday.
Go swimming/shopping/skating/dancing etc.
5. We love to go swimming in the summer.
6. Would you like to go for a walk with me?
7. I’m not going near the water. I can’t swim!
8. She won’t go near meat. She’s a vegetarian.
9. I’m going to go outside to play.
10. It’s nice and sunny today. Let’s go outside!
11. Go faster or we’ll miss our flight!
12. You’re driving too fast. Go slower, please.
Go to school/work
13. I go to school by bus.
14. He goes to work at 9 a.m.
Go to bed/sleep
15. What time do you go to bed?
16. I like to read before I go to sleep.
Sentences with Go abroad
Meaning: to go to a foreign country
17. I’m going abroad on business next month.
18. We’re planning to go abroad for a tour soon.
Go along with
Meaning 1: to travel with someone
19. Can I go along with you?
Meaning 2: used to show agreement
20. I go along with that.
Meaning: used to give permission
21. A: “Is it OK if I turn off the lights?” B: “Yes, go ahead.”
22. A: “Can I take this chair?” B: “Sure, go ahead.”
Meaning: to use the internet
23. You can find anything if you go online.
24. Can you go online and locate this restaurant?
Meaning 1: leave me alone!
25. Go away! I’m trying to work.
Meaning 2: to stop
26. I need something to make this headache go away.
Sentences with Go crazy
Meaning: to become mad
27. All this homework is making me go crazy!
28. You’ll go crazy if you keep working all the time!
Go into detail
Meaning: give a lot of information
29. I don’t want to go into detail about it.
30. Can you go into detail about that?
Meaning: to choose something
31. I think I’ll go for the blue shirt.
32. You should go for the chocolate cake. It’s really good.
Go for it!
Meaning: used to give encouragement
33. A: “I’m thinking of applying for the Goverment job” B: “Go for it!”
34. A: “I want to be first in my school this time.” B: “Go for it!”
Meaning 1: to make mistakes
35. If you prepare well, you won’t go wrong.
Meaning 2: to have problems
36. What do we do if something goes wrong?
Meaning: to look good with each other
37. Your shirt and trousers go together very well.
38. I don’t think those colours really go together.
Give it a go
Meaning: to try or attempt to do something
39. Don’t be afraid. Give it a go!
40. Why not give it a go?
Here we go
Meaning: used when something is going to begin
41. The match is about to start. Here we go!
42. The plane is starting to take-off. Here we go!
Let it go
Meaning: don’t worry about it
43. It’s OK that you failed the test. Let it go.
44. I know you didn’t get the promotion, but let it go.
Way to go!
45. I heard you passed the exam. Way to go!
46. A: “I finally got the promotion!” B: “Way to go! I knew you’d get it.”
From the get-go
Meaning: from the beginning
47. I’ve loved this job from the get-go.
48. This start-up has been successful from the get-go.
Meaning: to be happening
49. What’s going on here?
50. I have no idea what’s going on!
50 Common Sentences with “Take”: http://turnupindia.com/50-common-sentences-with-take/